[VAL] Popping up from lurkdom, msg 1;-)

a long time ago, I asked for information regarding our '67 furnace. A
number of people chimed in on the subject, but I never did get back. Some
concerns where rasised as to the safety of the furnace, location of same,
fire extinguishers, and other such.

We went to our local fire department, to see if they had a carbon monoxide
sniffer. They didn't. But, we have a CO2 detector that my hubby had bought
for one reason or another. We have had it in the house, monitoring the CO2
levels. Had quite a scare with it, as it showed the levels to be very high
in the winter. Since our main heating source is outside, we were really
puzzled...anyway everything fine. We put the unit in the trailer, and fired
up the furnace. We did have to take it out and wiggle it around a bit. The
reset button was no longer working properly, but it now is. Everything on
the furnace seemed to be working tickety-boo. The trailer is parked right
outside our bedroom window, and we were able to monitor the meter easily
from the comfort of our house. We could tell when the furnace kicked in, as
the levels did go up, but they did not go up all that great. We ran the
furnace for a good week, keeping an eye on it.

One comment that was raised was about fire, fire extinguishers, and getting
out of the trailer if the furnace did catch on fire. We have a fire
extinguisher beside the door, beside the furnace (more for the stove), and
in the bathroom. For an escape, the bathroom has this lovely picture window
in it. We are also going to put a fire extinguisher in the truck, and in
one of the outside hatches. Yes, we do have a lot of fire extinguishers..

We have since gone on a few camping trips, where everything has been great fun!

Sharon, in BC
1967 safari