RE: [VAL] Snail mail forwarding.

Daisy,
We've tried forwarding service, like SKP, Good Sam and other; we've had
friends and family help forward, but nothing works all the time.  For
your regular mail, bills, statements, and so forth, the mail forwarding
services are great if you have an address to receive and know time
enough ahead to order it.
Packages are another issue if you want them quickly and know exactly
when you will be where to receive them. Most parks have a method for
receiving your mail, just ask the manager what their procedure is.
We ask friends and relatives permission to have mail delivered one time
only and have a rural mail carrier who is great about sending it to us.
If you use a temporary change of address, you will really have a mess!
Our daughter still receives mail from a 1999 temp change offering to
refinance OUR house at her old address.  And junk mail still arrives at
friends and relatives for us.  Now the PO can't seem to tell us how that
happens, because I'm talking about local business, hospitals, Dr.s
stores that aren't' any where near our permanent address and don't have
"address correction requested" on the envelope.
We receive lots of medication on a monthly basis from the VA and the PO
is not supposed to charge for forwarding, but they have in several
places..
Most places except Raton, NM have a fit  and given us grief when we have
something sent to General Delivery!  We don't go that route anymore.
That is our experience and recently we've had mail including absentee
ballots sent to our granddaughter's address, even though her carrier
throws a fit about it.  But we will be here 2 or 3 months which is
usually not the case, since we are on the road most of the time.
Ordinarily, we find a place right before Conrad orders his medication,
then notify our rural mail carrier when and where to send it.  She is an
absolute treasure.  She emails us any time there is medicine and asks
where to send it if we haven't notified her in advance.
If we didn't have relatives, we would use a park address, calling them
in advance for reservations and asking what their procedure is for
receiving our mail.  They all use different methods!
Tricia