RE: [VAL] new to list - seeking info re: original interior in 1971 Safari

To Marg in the Pac NW:

On your interior...take a look at http://vintageairstream.com/index.html and
scroll down to 'archives' to find a wonderful grid of photos of all ages and
models of airstreams...

Also http://www.airstream.net/FAQ/FAQ_index.html for information on all
sorts of repairs.

Look at both sites for links to other repair and restoration resources.

For general ideas, keep an eye on Ebay...the for sale ads often have
extensive photos of the interiors...Updated and original!

Specifically...on our 72-27, the floor had yellow gold short shag carpet,
the bath had/has the yellow/ivory tambour you mentioned...on
Vintageairstream.com, look at the bath in the 73 Ambassador for the lovely
floral bathroom wallpaper, the gold fabric on our twin beds is the same as
the 72 Safari, and the 71 Overlander has a similar gold floral upholstery
fabric on the gaucho (front couch).  We found all these treasures underneath
and behind prior owner's updated coverings!

You asked "What was the original "door" between the bedroom and the bath?"

Our 72 has a brown laminate pocket door between bedroom and bath with a full
length mirror on the bath side.  There is a folding brown vinyl door between
kitchen and bedroom.

Judy White - East of Seattle
'72-27' Int'l Ambassador
WBCCI 5040, VAC