Re: [VAL] new to list - seeking info re: original interior in 1971 Safari

>Love the brown wood paneling and the avacodo green counter top.

It is fortunate you love them, because most people perceive them as very dated
now.  Personally, I plan to redo both the countertop and the removable pieces of
laminate (that is, most of the strips in those beautiful aluminum extrusions) in
something much lighter.  But this is not a real priority right now.

>What was the original flooring?

I have a piece of the original shag carpet which is somewhere between the
avocado countertop and the yellow upholstery.

>What was the original upholstry?

A rather bright yellow material similar to a damask, but rather thin and not
terribly durable.

>What did the bath look like originally -

Your description sounds original.

>What was the original "door" between the bedroom and the bath?

Mine appears to be a core of about 1/2" plywood skinned on the bedroom side with
the dark laminate, and on the bathroom side with the cream colored laminate used
in the bathroom e.g. on the closet door.

>What was originally on the drop-down exterior step

A rectangle of black sandpaper-like material, similar to what is used on some
skateboards.

>the original ceiling/wall

Vinyl clad aluminum.  From my own experience and what is reported by others on
this list, it is nearly indestructable.  Nothing sticks to it, so it should not
be too hard to remove any paint.

>The bulkhead wall to my left as I step up into the trailer

The "walnut" laminate.

>I have several more questions re: this trailer -

Go for it, and enjoy our addiction.

           -- Lew #4239

'72 Safari
Stuck in Ohio (again)