[VAL] 71 Safari - Magic Chef range/oven pilot questions

Hi - I am new to Airstreams and pilot lights.

Before I start my question, please be advised that we know there is LPG
flowing to the range, as we were able to light one of the burners.

The very brief instructions in the trailer manual say to light the range pilot
by turning the gas ON to ONE of the range burners, and light with match. OK,
we did that, and the flame around the burner looks normal. But how does that
light the pilot, which according to diagram, appears to be in the center "hub"
between the four burners. Should there be a flame visible in that center hub?

I presume that there is a SECOND pilot for the oven, which a helpful forum
member said is near the "burner" for the oven. Is the BURNER he is referring
to located at the bottom of the oven? Does the oven floor lift? I presume
there is a gas shut-off for the oven, or is there one shut-off for the entire
appliance? (oven and range)

I hope my ignorance is not too annoying - Thank you
Marg in the Pac NW