[VAL] Inverters: Pure vs Modified Sine Wave?

OK - I understand the difference between pure & modified sine wave Inverters.

I know that it's possible to get "hum" in audio or "noise" on video with
modified sine wave inverters. However, is this likely to happen?

I plan to run, on occasion: Small Microwave, TV, DVD Player, Small Audio
Amplifier, Notebook Computer, printer.

I am looking in the 1500 watt range.

I would prefer to not spend the extra money on a pure sine wave inverter,
but if it's likely that I will have "problems" with a modified sine wave
inverter, then I will invest in the former.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Dave