Re: [VAL] Introduction and (surprise) a question!

hey bc
bigger is always better!
i put up a metal pole barn on my lot with concrete floor. it is 30' x 48'.
my trailer is only 22 ft and i thought i had gobs of room till it got filled
with the trailer, two harleys, one small boat, a 1952 john deere model 60,
1951 desoto coupe, wood splitter etc.....you get my drift. you can never
have enough room so build as big as you can afford. my trailer has a fairly
new coleman ac on top so it sits about 10 ft high.  i made the rafters at 11
ft. the trailer clears them by about 8-10 inches. i think that is about
right as i could make a plywood platform up top and gain access to the top
of the trailer from the rafters. have not done that yet. besides having two
8' tall garage type roll up doors (on the 48' side), i put in a 10 ft wide x
11 ft tall sliding door for the airstream(on the 30 ft side).  BAD MOVE.  i
should have put in a 12 ft wide sliding door. the 10 ft only allows 12"-18"
clearance on either side and i can tell you that is not enough to back the
trailer in by oneself with a degree of comfort. you would think it would be
plenty but i can tell you that more is better. allow 2 ft minimum on either
side if you can. also, the two 8 ft roll up doors have the channel that goes
up vertically and then goes horizontal for about 7 ft. these horizontal
channels are now lower than the airstream is tall so i have to make sure i
keep away from them. if money is no object, you can buy the type of roll up
doors that  roll up like a Venetian shade so they have no horizontal
channels. if you have the room, a large door at either end of your building
gives you the ability to pull through with the trailer rather than backing
it up. just some thoughts with my experience.
good luck with your project
harry