Re: [VAL] RE: 67 safari furnace

Hello RJ-

    From yr post to Sharon, it looks to me that you have some -real-
knowledge about these RV furnaces... and I'd like to 'pick yr brain' about
the Duo-Therms in my 345, if it's OK with you-

    My unit's an '85, and I've had the furnaces out and the tin off -a
couple of times- replaced the usual casualties like the sail switches and
the circuit boards, and even had the fan motors apart to lube the oilite
bearings and blow the dust from the brushes out... I can't seem to find any
rust- through or corrosion damage to the exchangers, but I would like to
weigh your input in on replacing them- I think the brushes are getting worn
down by now, and it's either going to be a case of brushes, motors, or
furnaces... you know what I would prefer, since SS income doesn't allow for
the expen$ive way out.

    Is Duo-Therm now 'Suburban'-? They sure look the same...

Thanks & Regards,    Jack