RE: [VAL] RE: 67 safari furnace

Not to scare you anymore, but that model NT-22 had a recall because of the
rubber crossover tube going bad.  It brings fresh air into the combustion
chamber and if it is bad it would leak large amounts of CO into the trailer.

The only way to check it is to remove the furnace innards and have a look as
its in the back part of the unit.

If your not sure of yourself to do this, best to find someone you trust to
do it for you.

Paying to have this checked may not be worth it because it's condition and
age.  You possibly would be throwing it away anyway.

I pulled mine out and checked and replaced the tube myself.  But I still
don't really trust the furnace to use it with my family.  So we use a
ceramic electric heater and the heat strip in the AC.

-Tim
www.telecom-pros.com/tim/tim