RE: [VAL] My electric jack

I think you meant to say you were using a volt meter.  If the voltage reads
12+v under no load and almost zero when you attempt to power the jack, AND
no fuses are being blown then you have a bad connection somewhere between
the battery, the fuse and the jack.  What happens with a bad connection is
that under no load, the voltage will read good, but attempt to draw some
current and the bad connection acts as open and the voltage falls to near
zero.  I would suggest that you try running a new wire direct from the
battery thru a fuse to the jack just a test.  If it works there, then the
problem is in a connection somewhere.  What you are describing would not
indicate a problem with the jack. If the jack were shorted and everything
else was okay, you would be blowing a fuse and the voltage would not return
to 12v when you release the switch on the jack.  Also since the voltage
drops when you attempt to power the jack that indicates that the jack is
attempting to run but is lacking adequate power to operate.

david