Re: [VAL] Posting pics...

Hi Shari,

I checked the phone book...I'm the only Mark Spencer in Modesto, so it had to
be me. Your recall glands are functioning normally.  In real life, I DID post
a shot of my old 'Stream a year or two ago, with the same motive of learning
more about the thing and it's gold stripe.

I haven't learned a lot more about it, but it seems to have generated a lot of
buzz about Trade Winds, and that's always fun too.  Not to mention a few folks
who've contacted me offlist with 'kindred spirit' messages.  They're right,
and I now know there are more oddballs on this list than I'da thought!  (They
know what I mean isn't mean)

Thanks for your note, Shari...I'll see if I can find Airstream Forums, and
where on that site to post pictures for now and future stuff.

Best regards,

Mark in Modesto

ps.  I just clicked on the link you sent...talk about deja vu!  It WAS two
years ago, and I noticed the description I posted was darn near exactly the
same as the one I posted to THIS list a few days ago!  It was almost eerie...

I see now where I got the notion that Wally Byam himself 'might have been' the
original owner on a trip through Africa (Marc's note), but now that I know
more, it was very likely the ALL gold one, which is on display at the
Airstream factory.  I would have been nice though...

ms