Re: [VAL] dent

Tom, The dent actually penetrated or tore the vinyl liner on the ceiling. I
cut out an area large enough so I could work inside and used a rubber mallet
gently tapping from the outside of the dent until it "popped." I then used the
roller on the inside as well. I worked from the inside since the dent wanted
to go pop back when I pushed from the outside, also it allowed me to use the
contours that were available from the stronger non-stressed metal around the
dent. Aluminum stretches so I was not able to get all of the creases out but
it looks good now and can not be seen from a distance. The repair is not
perfect but sure beats the cost of replacing the panels.
Good luck and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Chaplain Kent