No Subject

In December I purchased a 1959 26' Overlander twin axle and proceeded with the
usual checks and upgrades to make sure it was roadworthy and useable. In my
rush to attend a vintage rally in Ontario Canada on Friday I had one critical
lapse of judgement.  The ball height of the receiver and sway bars were 6"
higher than the 19.5" required.  This was the only thing that I had overlooked
in the 7 months since working on the trailer.  My decision was to use my
regular receiver and forgoe the sway bars.  About an hour into the trip and 20
minutes from the rally a tractor trailer put me into an unrecoverable fishtale
leading to jack knife and the demise of the trailer.  Thankfully no one was
injured but regrettably I've destroyed a beautiful piece of engineering and
design history as well as my ego.  The new chains did their job,held and
probably prevented a much worse outcome.  I must say I am very impressed at
how the trailer held together (though this is one way to check for hidden
floor rot, it's not the one I had intended). The ultimate destination of the
remains is uncertain until I speak with my inusrance company next week, but
given the number of good panels and parts remaining I'd rally hate to see it
go to the wreckers.  If any one is interested in the remaining whole or parts
let me know, I can send photo's.  The interior has twins with curved mahogany
overhead bunks.  My apologies to you all, I feel I've let a large community
down, hopefully someone will learn from my stupidity.  John Garrett, Niagara
Falls Canada