Re: [VAL] Electric Jack

> Is that what he needs then, a jack for a 2" opening in the frame?

That's what HE said he needed.  Jacks commonly found at RV parts places seem
to be of two outer tube diameters.  2 1/4" for the larger capacity ones and
2" for the medium to light duty.  Some models come with either for you to
choose one.  Apparently, the hole through the typical Airstream A-frame is
small enough so that if you buy a jack with a 2 1/4" outer tube, grinding
out the hole will be required.  That's my understanding of it.  Although I
bought the jack (with a 2" outer tube) I haven't had the pleasure of
installing it yet.  But I will very soon and will report if I have any
trouble with it.

 > And the baseplate is triangular?  Is that the one?

Nope, round baseplate with three holes in it, to match the ones in the
A-frame.

Re: the discussion of the 12V source.  I intend to tap into the charging
line in the truck plug bundle rather than the breakaway switch wire.  The
reason is that I could operate the jack without having a working battery in
the trailer if I had to.  I disable my 12V circuits when in storage by use
of a marine type battery switch.  I wouln't have to turn on that switch in
order to operate the jack using the charging line.  Or I could operate the
jack without the truck being there by turning on that switch.  Whatever.
Personal preference.

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA