Re: [VAL] Cyclo polisher

Our front corners had been rock pitted and had been roughed-up prior to
clearcoat reapplication . These pits & scratches were too deep to simply
polish out. After stripping, we had to first sand LIGHTLY with '3M -
1000 grit Wetordry Color Sand Paper', followed with the finest '3M
ScotchBright' pads available from the auto paint store, compounded with
Nuvite C, Cyclo'd with F7, Cyclo'd with S, detailed with Glass Wax.  The
finished panel will compare with any in terms of shine and the original
damage will not be noticable.

>I wonder if the Cyclo would remove/polish those scuffed areas. Naturally, if
>so, the entire rig would have to be polished."

Our experience is that the Cyclo is too gentle for this task, even with
coarser polish grades.  We have found the best method is to compound
with a SLOW lamb's wool buffing pad.  Then Cyclo with progressively
finer polishes until a mirror shine is obtained.  You have probably
already seen it, but these are some great links which outline the
process we followed:

http://perfectpolish.com/Compounding%20Polisher.htm
http://globetrotter64.home.att.net/compounding.htm

Rob Davis