RE: [VAL] Steps

Greetings Colin and Glyn!

An alternative to the built-in step system offered on Airstreams was a
separate portable step that was used in the Argosy Minuet series.  As a
stroke of luck, I purchased my Minuet from the original owner and he
included the portable step with the coach.  It is made of heavy aluminum
with a non-slip Argosy orange vinyl insert on the top.  You can see a
photo of this step at:

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photos/data/500/827entry_step_side_view.jpg

I have found that I actually like it better than the built-in step on my
Overlander.  It is assembled with rivets so it may be something that
could be reproduced by someone with a few metalworking tools.

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359