Re: [VAL] Internet on the road

Tom,

Check this out - http://www.gomadic.com/index.html

This is a great little company located in Virginia and they've had great
reviews written up about them in the Wall Street Journal about their
products.

I use RoadRunner for my home ISP.  I use Sprint for my cell phone.  The
other day I ordered a cable from this company Gomatic (FREE lifetime
exchanges if you upgrade your cellphone, PDA, GPS, etc) that will go between
my Sprint cellphone and my laptop.

My cable will hook up to my Serial port but I can purchase an adapter that
will change the Serial Port to a USB plug for faster speeds.

Now I can use my Sprint PCS service and all the free night and weekend
minutes to connect my laptop to the Internet.  With RoadRunner for my ISP
I'm able to dialup ANY number they have listed for ANY state or city in the
USA while on the road.  I'm not limited to any particular city ever - I can
dial up anywhere.

I also purchased a fantastic extension antenna for my cellphone - it's made
by Wilson.  This is not the Trucker sized antenna but it gives great
performance and now I can get cellphone service where I couldn't do so
before.  With my cellphone hooked up to the external magnetic mount antenna
I was able to get 5 bars on the access LCD panel and my wife's phone was
"hunting" for service -- we both use the same brand of phones from Samsung
sold by Sprint so this was an excellent way to verify how good that little
Wilson antenna is.  Now I get service where I couldn't before and I don't
get dropped calls where I used to which is great.

I highly recommend Gomatic for all your cable needs whether it be for your
cellphone to laptop, PDA, GPS, etc.  Their customer service is excellent as
is their service.

Once you buy from Gomatic they will replace your cables FREE for a lifetime.
If you upgrade your cellphone, PDA, GPS, etc. they will exchange your cable
for FREE - for life.  I'm glad I did my homework before I spent a lot more
money elsewhere.

To use your cellphone and your laptop requires NO extra software -- your
cellphone just has to be 'on' and plugged into your computer to work.

Now I can get online without another expensive purchase and I can use my
FREE nights and weekend minutes I buy each month with Sprint already.
Sprint has tried to offer me extra service for MORE money but I don't need
it with my  setup.

Tom
WBCCI 5303