[VAL] "Best" trailers

Very personal this fixation.  As one of the few licensed psychologists
trained to treat alumania (I, too, am a survivor), I would describe the issue
as "cathexis".  This refers to the bonding phenomena between an organism (you)
and an "object" (person/place/thing).  The attributes one extolls to justify
your  prediliction are so many pounds of road apples.  Bottom line is
IMPRINTING.  Look in the garage of an old car junkie, ask his (yes, his)
birthdate & do the math.  That era car was affordable as he (yes, he) became
"of age".  'twas not the drive train so much as the back seat that caused the
imprinting.  Yes, there are exceptions.  My heap is 3 years older than I am.
IMPRINTING on an Airstream has to do with the first sighting, the first
awareness or the first experience with the Silver Satan.  I would claim my love
of the 1969 model is about the triptych front window and real wood (not
tambour) doors or Vista Veil windows.  It's certainly not the avocado color
scheme.  But I suspect it's because I was 16 in 1969 and saw the Airstream as
the ultimate escape, On The Road Kerouac freedom symbol.  Love, youth, freedom.
Now it's p-tex, butt sag and polish.
Dr Jeff Miller
69 Overromanced International (tha Avocado Money Pit)
03 Swervarado
50 Jeepster