RE: [VAL] New to list

Greetings Erich!

Welcome to the list and the world of Vintage Airstreaming!

Your coach is of an era where you can purchase both Owners' Manuals and
Service Manuals.  There are essentially two sources for either - - E-Bay
and classified advertisements, or through Helen Davis at Secretarial
Services (photo copies of the originals)  The following was quoted from
the VAC website:

Manuals

Q: I need an owners and service manual for my Airstream. Where can I get
one?
A: The first owners manuals were published in 1964. Prior to that, the
owner received a brown envelope containing parts lists and other helpful
information on the accessories in his trailer. The VAC has started
making these available in the Members Archive section. A service manual
with instructions for performing service operations did not exist until
1972.
You can get photocopies of owners manual (1964+) and service manuals
(1972-1986) from:

Helen Davis Secretarial Services
PO Box 484 Sidney, OH 45365
(937)492-8885

Prices are about $33 and $70 respectively. After 1986 the Owners Manuals
included available service information

Good luck with your coach!

Kevin

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359