Re: [VAL] Patti? Where are you? ? ? re:Rear end dragging

Tom,

It looks like Patti has resolved her problem.  But to answer your
questions on my truck.  In about 1968, Dodge discontinued the military
style PowerWagon for domestic sale, although they continued export sales
for a few more years, at that time they transferred the PowerWagon name
to the four wheel drive pickups.  This continued until the late 70's or
early 80's when the started using the PowerRam name for the four wheel
drive pickups.  Therefore my truck is a fourwheel drive version of the
1973 Dodge Pickups, with a 131" wheelbase and an 8' bed.  (The current
2500 Suburban has a 130" wheelbase, about the same.)  The front axle is
a Dana 44, with a 3500 lbs rating, and the rear is Dana 60, with a 5500
lbs rating.  The front springs are 1300 lbs each and the rear 1750 each,
although they will carry much more load.  If you would like to see a
picture go to
http://imageevent.com/brigand/athsshow2004;jsessionid=jrwqz8o7x1.buffalo_s
and look at pictures 36 and 37, they are from the American Truck
Historical Society Annual Convention over Memorial Day weekend at the
California Speedway in Fontana, CA.

Airstream content:  I have towed a late 1960's 29' trailer on the step
bumper and did not feel the need for an equalizer hitch, however with
the 15" long drawbar the equalizer hitch is needed.

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC #5223
1979 23' Safari
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon