[VAL] Pricing for vintage AS on E-Bay?

Hi Pards,

Been doing a bit of watching and bidding on E-Bay AS units for some time and
notice two things that I'd like some feed back on.

First, there always seems to be a straw-man forcing the bid to high levels -
later, the unit comes back on the auction with a note that the buyer didn't
complete the deal?  Am I stupid, or what!

Next, the buyers and sellers seem to have a fixed restored purchase value
for AS units.  One just finishing up on E-Bay is a '72 -28 foot that will go
for over $5K.  The seller and buyer don't seem to have a clue about the cost
of replacement axles for the Henchen problem years, the frame separation,
and the amount of work and cost to bring the units into reliable/usable
shape.

Guess I'll just have to concentrate on a '76 or later AS to satisfy my
needs.  Seldom see what I'm looking for on the VAC classifieds.

                                                  Regards, '69 Safari, Joy