[VAL] Dodge Ram 2500

Well, I've gone & done it- traded the minivan in at the dealer towards a '94
Dodge Ram 3/4 ton 2wd pickup-360 V8, auto. with O/D, A/C and toolbox style
bed for all those trailering odds and ends. The Dakota I was using with our
GlobeTrotter was nice, but no A/C on those hot days, rowing through the
gears and getting Popeye leg from the clutch, crawling up big hills in line
with the semis etc. was getting old.Plus the Dakota only gets 10 mpg with a
trailer anyway, so whats the point? However Wifey doesn't see it that way-
but then she's never the one driving when we're towing. Big drawback as she
sees it is that the Ram has 104K miles- I insist that it's been owned by a
business and maintained by the dealer from day one, and that kind of milage
isn't such a big deal with this kind of vehicle. In any case, it sports a
Spicer 4.1 limited slip rear axle- is this what I want for this use? I'll be
up for taking on club member type tow jobs at the usual rate once I get a
handle on reliability and gas milage (esp. now that gas costs more than
diesel unlike last summer...) Oh yeah- it's green; good color in the woods I
guess!  CB Rollins  South Amherst Massachusetts