[VAL] Air conditioner installation

Hello everyone,

I have been off the list for about five days because we went camping. The
weather was perfect. Along the way I picked up a salvaged Dometic Penguin
air conditioner in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I need to figure out where it goes on
my 1966 Globe Trotter. Does anyone have a '66 GT with air conditioning? If
so, can you tell me where it is installed? I always thought it would go in
the rear roof vent, but now that I have one I don't think that will work.
The roof slopes away to the rear too close to the vent.

Also, should I purchase the adapter pan from Airstream? I've gotten
conflicting advice on this. On the one hand there is the opinion that the
pan is only for condensation run off, and if my GT wasn't set up with a
drain line in the wall then there is no point in getting the pan. On the
other hand there is the opinion that the pan is needed for installation
because of the curvature of the roof on Airstreams.

Any and all advice appreciated!

Forrest