Re: [VAL] Wooden Blinds

Jo Ann,

I just fitted my 61' Trade Wind with 1" wood blinds throughout.  They look
fantastic, I bought them on-line from www.decoratetoday.com , not a bad
price for wooden blinds but not the cheapest option for window dressing.

Two notes of importance.

1. Be sure to allow extra drop to allow for window hardware (particularly on
the jalousie window, if you have one).

2.  Make sure you get the hold-down hardware in metal, some cheaper blind
manufacturers only offer plastic and some none at all.  The hold-down
hardware simply holds the bottom of the blind in place so they don't swing
out from the sloped wall or swing around during towing.

I am really pleased with the look and they allow me to keep that visibility
when towing.  If you want a photo of how they look e-mail me off list and
I'll happily oblige.

Ruth Warren & The Tin Can Clan
61 Trade Wind.