Re: [VAL] do you have a generator installed? yet?

Tom,
     I've got a 2500 watt Onan propane genset that I've mounted in a frame
with wheels and enclosed (for cosmetic not noise). I roll it out of my Yukon
and put it by the tongue of the trailer and plug in to the propane tanks on
the trailer. If needed I can use it anywhere else by taking my grill tank
along. I also have a remote cable wired in over the ref. so I don't have to
go outside to start/stop.
    On the other hand we have installed one in the living room of my fathers
trailer. We cut a hole in the side of his trailer where his TV cabinet is
located and installed an additional ref. door for ventilation and to service
the genset. We insulated the aluminum box we made with a high density foam
to protect the inside from fumes and noise. With the ac running you cannot
hear the genset. Even without the ac on you can carry on a normal
conversation sitting right beside it. The vibration is not noticeable to me.
His is plumbed into his propane lines as well.
    We wanted propane for the fact we had the tanks, carbs don't gum up if
you don't start the gensets on a regular basis and you don't have to carry a
couple of gas cans around.

Gary