[VAL] do you have a generator installed? yet?

How many people on this Airstream list own a generator that you can either
take with you on your travels or have one semi or permanently installed
somewhere on your trailers?

If we go to the International this summer I feel we must have "something" in
the way of a generator either installed into the body or exterior of our
trailer.  Or, I must find a way to be able to haul "something" that will
generate enough electricity so that the animals that travel with us will be
both comfortable and "quiet" when we are not around - going places like
meetings for instance.

I have seen some of the smaller Honda generators that produce anywhere from
1kw, 2kw, 3kw and other items that let you connect 2 of the 2kw Honda
generators together for a total of 4kw.  I would be shooting for the
neighborhood of around 4kw or maybe even higher "if" I am able to keep the
decibel levels down to something acceptable and still be a good neighbor.  I'm
sure we all want that, to have and be good neighbors to our fellow campers.

Some of the smaller generators I have seen are also from Yamaha and I've even
seen a couple that had Yanmar diesel engines like are used on small pumps,
etc.  John Deere uses Yanmar engines and they are also very popular with the
sailing crowd; Yanmar has been around a very long time and their engines are
made in Japan as far as I know.  At least the John Deere tractor I have at
home has the Yanmar Japanese diesel engine anyway.

I am searching out installations of generators on the Internet tonight and
I've run across one site so far of someone I've never heard of before who owns
a new Bambi Airstream trailer.  This fellow (at least I think it's a fellow!)
has done or had done some mighty fine sheet metal work to house his genset.
The location of choice was behind the LP tanks on the tongue of the trailer
and it looks like he powers up the genset with LP gas as well - there is a 20#
propane tank sitting on the ground with a gas line to the box housing the
genset.  Not a bad idea as the genset he has must be one of the triple power
kind - LP, Natural or gasoline powered.

I'd really also be interested to know if anyone here has installed "somewhere"
a water-cooled generator.  This would allow for a very quiet, high kw powered
system.  It would be great if it was also run on diesel fuel for us because
then the truck and trailer could sip fuel from the same tank.

Please let me hear from you.  The list is kind of quiet tonight so maybe it's
a good time for a genset discussion. ;)

Tom
WBCCI 5303