Re: [VAL] leak

Faith,

One of the most frustrating issues you can face with any mobile piece of
equipment like our Airstream trailers if chasing water leaks.  Ask me how I
know! ;)

For one thing there are so many seams - everywhere - that all it takes is a
pin hole sized opening somewhere for water to enter the inside of your
trailer.  And then the not so fun job of finding exactly where that hole is
becomes monumental at worst.

Some people have solved the water leak problem by resealing every seam -
everywhere - that they can physically see.  Colored water poured over seams
might give you something on the inside of your trailer to follow back to
wherever it is that the water is entering.  Most likely the water will be
entering your trailer where you least expect it to.  You could have a window
seal leaking or you could have a tiny hole in the sealant in a skin seam -
somewhere down the path of that seam.

The most cost and time effective way to go after any leak, unless you know
EXACTLY where an opening is, is to buy some Vulkem, follow the directions
and reseal your trailer.  Then you will have a tight trailer.

Tom
WBCCI 5303