Re: [VAL] Call All Late 80s Airstream Owners -- Electrical Problem

Hello, Bill

Actually it appears they are related. You are right about the inside problem
being one of the fuses in the control panel. It's a Buss MDM 40 fuse that is
in the blue wire circuit that goes to the A frame and the umbilical cord to
the tow vehicle. The fuse tested good (no resistance) but when I replaced it
with a new fuse, the interior 12V lights and appliance all came to life.
When I connected the umbilical cord from the trailer to the tow vehicle the
outside marker lights worked which they had not before from the tow vehicle
battery. I still do not have tail, brake or turn signal lights -- which was
the original problem. I suspect I may have a blown fuse in the tow vehicle
that powered the tail, brake and turn signal lights. I'm looking for the
wiring diagram for the socket on the tow vehicle  the umbilical cord plugs
into. I have no clue which fuse in the vehicle related to that line to the
trailer. None of the fuses in the tow vehicle look blown but I will be
testing them until I find the one that is open.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions form everybody. Incidentally, there
are  MDM 40 fuses also in the wires from the battery and those fuses are
VERY hard to find. A word to the wise if your unit uses the same fuses.

Jim Greene
' 68 Trade