Re: [VAL]interior wood

Guys,

I have been informed by Doug Rowbottom (furniture person) whose training
included recognising wood species, that my 57 Bubble is elm.  Looks much
like ash, but IIRC the tiny herringbone sub grain is a characteristic of
elm but missing in ash.  Doug did say that hardly anyone would recognise
the difference unless it was pointed out side by side.

I'm almost 2000 (road) miles from the Bubble now but will try to get
some digital shots when I'm back in NM the end of the week and post on
my webshots space.  I have no way of knowing of elm was still available
in '63.

FWIW,
Matt