[VAL] Framing Question

I have been investigating the underside of the rear bed in our trailer and
have a question about the framing.  It seems the frame is anchored to the
aluminium by screws along the length of the bed.  I guess the majority of
the weight on that cross piece is supported by the framing at each end, my
question is: are the screws anchoring to anything more than the sheet
aluminium or are they spaced to anchor through the aluminium onto one of the
"joists" behind?  The screws don't appear to align with the vertical line of
rivets which I am guessing is where the joists are?

If anyone would care to enlighten me I would much appreciate it.

Ruth Warren
1961 Tradewind.