[VAL] vintage repair work

Hi Scott,

I took "Pearl" to Jackson Center because they had done extensive work
for me on my 67 Safari. It too had separation issues and a long list of
other repairs. They did a great job and when I went to pick it up, on
the spot they did even more work that I realized I should have had
done. Everything they did looked professional or original. Many of the
guys in the service dept. have worked there for over 30 years! I also
figured that they have access to many new Airstream parts that could be
used to bring the systems up to date. For example, I poured over the
pictures of the new trailers on Airstreams web site and have asked Rick
if they could install the new aluminum spot lights that are on the
28ft, CCD over the bed on my 54 FC. Same idea with the shower heads on
todays trailers with the on/off button. I'm also going to ask him if
the mattress used on the Safari Bambi would fit my FC. The dimensions
seem to be the same. Try to find curved mattresses anywhere else!

My problem is that I am very limited as to what work I can do myself, I
have no garage to keep tools and equipment in and my mechanical skills
are basic. There is also NO RV place on Long Island with any Airstream
experience. I plan on solving this by moving to Colorado in 2 years!

Patti