Re: [VAL] Bargman #9

Hi Colin:

   First, I screwed up on page 11 in my 1954-57 Airstream
article in The Vintage Advantage.  The hex-sided Bargman
tail light is either a model 6 or model 7.  I don't know the
difference, but one might be 6 volts and the other 12
volts.  Or, one might have 2 lamp sockets for two separate
bulbs and the other might have one socket for a two-filament
bulb.  The easy way to correctly remember the model number
of the Bargman hex-sided trail light is six sides = model
6.

   The Bargman models 8 and 9 tail lights are round and
inset into the surrounding metal, as shown on RJ's web
site.  They use a Bargman No. 11 lens, as stated on the
restoration pages of RJ's web site.

   The Bargman number for the lens itself appears in relief
on the lens exterior face, so check the lens on your trailer
for the number.  Let me know if it is a No. 6 lens.  If so,
I'll add that fact to the Bargman light and lens model line
up.  Thanks!

   Hope this helps, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Fred Coldwell
VAC Archive Historian