Re: [VAL] I need a Gaucho

hello glyn
i have a front gaucho and curbside table that i have removed from my 66
safari. it is my intent to customize a front dinnete where these parts were.
i am in full throttle on the restoration of the interior and until i am
finished and sure of what i will use or need, i do not wish to part with
them at this time. once removed from the trailer, the gaucho is nothing more
than a rickety bunch of wooden face frame components with broken glue and
staple joints.  it seems to get its ridgidity and strength from being
secured to the floor and having the plywood top screwed down. its only
unique parts are the hinges and latches on the cabinet storage doors.  it
covers the fresh water tank and water pump in my trailer. the curb side
table i believe to be complete with hardware and extensions. these parts
would be harder to come by or reproduce. perhaps others here could advise
you about the compatibility of my gaucho and table from my 66 safari to your
69 caravel. if they are similar in nature i could do rough drawings and give
you some dimensions. at a later date, i could most likely part with the
table or table hardware.  good luck with your project
harry truitt
66 safari