Re: [VAL] Archival Curiosities / Been surfin over at Patterson's Point

Well, lets see what all I remember.............

---Tuna and Dick have answered some of your questions.

---Discussion list and E-mail  list are the same thing.

---I see I have a couple of broken links on the RV Message Board, and will
they do turn up on searches.

---Everything you see under the "VAC E-Mail List Postings" link has to do
with messages from when the current Vintage Airstream List was sponsored by
the VAC.  This includes the link to "Postings From the Vintage Airstream
Club Discussion List". that you have questioned.  Nothing under this section
has anything to do with Hunter's list.

---Everything you see under the "Airstream List Postings" has to do with
what is now Hunter's list.  It was the first e-mail list in existence which
dealt with Airstream trailers, and if you look at the names of those who did
the postings back in 1999, you will recognise some of the current members of
this list.  What you refer to as Hunter's board is, stictly speaking, not a
board, but rather an e-mail list.  Her messages are archived on Yahoo, and
can be viewed there.  I also archive most of these messages, and have done
so since way before it ever moved to Yahoo.  The ones I archive are edited
primarily to remove extranious verbage.  They, together with the messages
from the VAC e-mail list, and the current Vintage List are all on my site,
and thus are ALL included in the site database and available as information
when you do a search on my site.

---The black, silver, & blue round logo to which you refer was developed, as
I remember, by Jim Weston who at that time was a member of the list.  It was
proposed that all list members could place it on their trailers so as to be
able to recognize each other.  We were a pretty gung-ho bunch back then.

---The link to the prior month files is:
http://www.tompatterson.com/AirstreamList/PriorMonths/list.html.  It did
vanish from the main listing by date page, but is back now.

-Tom