Re: [VAL] Archival Curiosities / Been surfin over at Patterson's Point

The man that Hunter took over from was Ewan McDonnel.  Following is a copy
of an e-mail from Hunter back in 2000:

-Tom

  To: airstream@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: Re: List history (was-Re: [a/s] more list, please!)
  From: HHamp5246@xxxxxxx
  Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 20:17:22 EDT
  Sender: owner-airstream@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dunno about Utah.  What I do know is that Ewan started this list, but
didn't have an Airstream.  One day he wrote me, asked mif I was willing, and
and basically "gave" it to me... then the Vintage list people, who didn't
want all the "chatty" posts... started their own list... the Vintage List.
Many subscribers are on both.... the Vintage list is heavier into
restorations. Obviously they aren't interested in the new trailer stuff...
and the people with new trailers aren't into restoring old ones... so two
lists makes perfect sense.

Now.... the Vintage list actually owns both lists.....

Ewan is still onboard, but as the webmaster only.  I just wrote him last
week
with a situation that I couldn't fix for a subscriber and he took care of
it... so we are occasionally in touch.

If anyone is interested... there is no competition between the lists.... the
people who own the Vintage list and I are friends... always have been.
Hopefully always will be.  They actually let this list continue because of
our friendship...

So, that's all I know.

Hunter