[VAL] Archival Curiosities / Been surfin over at Patterson's Point

Tom I'm thouroughly confused. but that's par for my course so don't take this
to be critical of your work in any way, please.

At the following page: http://www.tompatterson.com/Trailers/Trailers2.html
titled Tom's Airstream Trailer Section I first see a picture of a 1949 Rutger
Hauer trailer, Is that an Airstream product? If not don't you think that is a
confusing place to display that picture?

Next puzzle to me is the link to "Postings From the Vintage Airstream Club
Discussion List".
Is this the forefather of the "VAC e-mail list" which is now reincarnated as
the "Val e-mail list"(this one)?

I guess I don't know the difference between a "discussion list" and a "e-mail
list".
Anyhow you mentioned back in Digest #122 that your site also had some
archived posts from Hunter's list. I finally figured out that that is the one
above referred to as "Postings From the Vintage Airstream Club Discussion
List".
 I know she runs a list over on a Yahoo Group board that(I understood) dealt
with "non-vintage" Airstreams only.
I have never visited her board over there and have even been advised that I
would not find it pertinant to the older Airstreams.
So if the aforementioned "Vintage Airstream Club Discussion List" is Hunter's
(or perhaps was Hunter's), did she trade out of being a vintage owner?  and
then abandon that list and start another "New" list?
Was or is Hunter archived list affililiated with the official VAC?
Is her now Yahoo list affiliated with or part of VAC? WBCCI?
I guess I need to learn the history of Hunter and her list/s.

I am further confused by the appearance of a black, silver, & blue round logo
for "ON LINE Airstream" including the www.airstream.net url (which of course
is the VAC site). This appears immediately after the link to Hunter's
archives.
Is this a current used logo and is there a brief story surrounding it?
Is it Hunter's or VAC's or both or am I just too damm curious...?

Finally Tom you posted also in #122 this:
~~~~QUOTE
"Ok,  I set it up so anyone can get copies of the old archives.  Click on the
following link.  I will be placing a link to this page on the main archive
page." END QUOTE~~~~
For the life of me I can not find the link at either place. Please advise.
Thanks.

OK that is enough for tonite but I have a few other q's for later in the week.
{:-)

BTW Tom I enjoyed perusing your site and looking at the Silver Streak Travel
Homes w/ porches. At 60-65 on the hiway could a guy keep a pipe lit out there
on the porch? Hope you still have yours and since I am in Houston alot of the
time now, maybe I'll get to see it in person some day. Took some pix just
today of a Silver Streak TT parked at Traders Village in Jersey Village.

As Wally might've said,.... "Better curious than dead"
  ++ HeX ++