Re: [VAL] Archival Curiosities / Been surfin over at Patterson's Point

>[snip]
>Anyhow you mentioned back in Digest #122 that your site also had some
>archived posts from Hunter's list. I finally figured out that that is the one
>above referred to as "Postings From the Vintage Airstream Club Discussion
>List".
>  I know she runs a list over on a Yahoo Group board that(I understood) dealt
>with "non-vintage" Airstreams only.

Not so.  Any Airstream, or Streamline, or Avion, or ..., discussion is
welcomed there.  Whatever has to do with the lifestyle.  What Hunter's list
is NOT is exclusive of VAC or any other group.

>I have never visited her board over there and have even been advised that I
>would not find it pertinant to the older Airstreams.

There is a lot of vintage stuff over there, and a lot of members of the VAC
list are also members over there.

>So if the aforementioned "Vintage Airstream Club Discussion List" is Hunter's
>(or perhaps was Hunter's), did she trade out of being a vintage owner?  and
>then abandon that list and start another "New" list?
>Was or is Hunter archived list affililiated with the official VAC?
>Is her now Yahoo list affiliated with or part of VAC? WBCCI?
>I guess I need to learn the history of Hunter and her list/s.

I don't think Hunter ever owned a vintage AS.  I think her list is the
remnant of the original VAC list, which made a decision some time ago to
concentrate more on vintage issues since the list was becoming more general
in its discussions.  The result is two lists, both serving their
memberships well, as membership shows.  Hunter's list has almost 1600
members at present.

- Dick
(5368)