[VAL] Sink cover?

    All,

    I keep seeing galley photos of covers over sinks.  In the one referenced
below, it clearly appears to be Formica, but are there keepers on the
underside to hold it in place?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451404230&category=50063

If so, what form did they take, epoxied 1/2" plywood? Were the 1969 models so equipped? Someone has epoxy painted all my yellow Formica surfaces a shiny beige and I'd like to return the galley and refrigerator top surfaces to what they were and while at it, make one of those covers if applicable. Thanks, Glyn Judson 1969 Caravel Santa Monica CA