Re: [VAL] then 20 years, now 25 years? was:'78 Sales Brochure

Roger,

Thank you for the history on the VAC.  I really appreciate it.

OK ... let me ask everyone and anyone this next question:

    Was there a "non-intra-club" vintage group of members _before_1993 then?
This would have been
     the time span from 1988 to 1993 when the Vintage Airstream Club
(intra-club of the WBCCI) was
     formally brought into the WBCCI and Airstream umbrella.

I know that people have posted about _when_the VAC was formed and I have no
reason to doubt that fact for one second.  All I'm saying is the _fact_as I
know it that when I contacted Airstream's factory in Ohio I was told_at that
time_of being able to_join_a vintage group_because_our
Airstream_qualified_us when it turned 20 years old which would have been
in_1989_.

How would I have ever known of _any_ vintage Airstream group under, over or
around the WBCCI if I was not informed in person by telephone when I called
Airstream's factory?

I believe what people have told me about _when_ the VAC was formed.  I do.
But others should also believe _me_ when I tell you that _I_ personally was
informed about a _vintage group_ by the Airstream factory back in _1988_.  I
have no reason to state other than the facts that I was personally involved
in.

Not trying to start anything here but I don't want anyone to think that I'm
making up what I know to be true either.

And Duane C. Hedahl was who I was referring to from the past - he lived in
Montana I believe it was and he produced the Vintage Airstream newsletter as
far as I know for quite a while.  In fact, when I first talked to Duane he
even asked me if it was ok to have some people write to me personally about
repairing aluminum on their trailers since I was familiar with those
aspects.  Is Duane still a member?

Tom
WBCCI 5303