[VAL] then 20 years, now 25 years? was:'78 Sales Brochure

Like I was saying, we got our very first 1969 29' Int'l Ambassador Airstream
which we still own today back in February of 1988.  We had not joined the
WBCCI back then either - but I did contact the Airstream factory to see what
was available from their archives about this older trailer we now owned.

I was told about the Vintage Airstream Club - an IntraClub - as far back as
the first part of 1988.  So that has now been over 25 years ago.  Geez!
Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it ! ?  And, way back then I was
also told that we would "qualify" to join the ranks of the Vintage Airstream
Club, part of the WBCCI "when" our trailer turned 20 years old.

The factory was kind enough to mail to me at their expense lots of
information about our 'old' unit.  I received a black and white photocopy of
the sales literature which was very interesting as it pointed out all the
NEW features that designed into this latest 'new' Airstream.  The 1969 model
year was *the year* for a lot of "firsts" that are still designed into their
travel trailers today.  The interior got a facelift, the corners of the
windows were radiused and I believe that was the first year for the new
torque axles that still exist today.

So my question to anyone still remains:  When did 25 years become the norm
rather than the 20 year age I was first told about?  And back then the
Vintage Airstream Club had a newsletter that members received and I think it
was written up by a fellow in Montana - perhaps a Dwayne something or other.
Perhaps.  I know I spoke with someone on the phone about this newsletter,
etc.

Tom