Re: [VACList] Recharging Dometic?

The cooling medium is ammonia and hydrogen with sodium chromate which acts
to buffer to the corrosive qualities of the coolant.

Typically, what happens to one of these units is that it is operated
off-level which can cook the sodium chromate into a material that plugs up
the works.  When that happens, it is usually not reversable.  For a great
explanation of this see:

http://www.rvmobile.com/tech/Trouble/cooldoc.htm

When I contacted this company about rebuilding my Dometic M52 (1967 original
equipment) they told me that they didn't rebuild them any more.  I ended up
getting a new Dometic RM 2501.2 which fits the same space (and works a HOAL
better).

GQ '67 Safari
4082/CA