[VACList] Ads in the Vintage Classified

Just one more warning about people in other countries wanting to buy your
trailer.

Yesterday I posted an ad in the VAC Classified in PARTS for some polishing
compounders that I am offering for sale.  Today I got this email from West
Africa:

"GOOD DAY
I A WEST AFRICA DEALER.I WILL LIKE TO BUY YOUR (DeWalt Polishing Compounder)
PLEASE GIVE ME ADEQUATE INFORMATION REGARDING ITS CONDITION AND HOW MUCH DO
WISH TO OFFER LAST,HOPE IT WILL NOT BE HECTIC CHANGINGITS OWNERSHIP.PLEASE
LET ME HEAR FROM YOU.
BEST REGARD .
OWEN"

My ad points those who are interested to my website which gives a full
description of what I have for sale.  It is quite obvious that this
character is just "mining" ads without regard to what the ad is for, and it
looks to me like he is attempting to perpetrate a scam. I just thought I
would give the rest of you a "heads up", since responses like this to your
"for sale" ads might seem logical if you were posting a trailer for sale
instead of a part or a tool.

Arlen & Shirley Manning
http://globetrotter64.home.att.net/