Re: [VACList] fan motor (was "testing gas lines" etc.)

My vent fan (says "Torrington" on the fan blade) might be a replacement as
there was splicing and mismatched wire colors.  Based on the dimensions you
provide, the Grainger ought to be a perfect replacement.  Mounting screws
on the shaft end are what I want.  The Grainger is slightly longer than I
need, but there is plenty of room.

The problem with the arrangement of the vent fan is that despite the
fiberglass shroud on the outside the fan is somewhat open to the
elements.  I had a bird nesting inside early last spring as well!  If I can
get this working, I'll probably stuff a sponge inside the opening to
insulate and keep critters out.  Actually, I'll undoubtedly do that
regardless of the repair outcome.

Joel W.
Iowa City, Iowa
1966 Overlander