[VACList] Fluorescent Lights

Hello all.  Yesterday in addition to tearing out my stove vent fan and its
housing (which will be repainted), I replaced the living room overhead
light with a Thin-Lite 112 unit.  I used a couple of rivet backing washers
as spacers for the wires.  I thought it was a pretty easy replacement.  I
didn't even disconnect the battery!

About 10 years ago my parents had a 110v fluorescent fix added over the
sink in addition to the old stock four-bulb unit in the Overlander.  We had
found that we liked this light better than the stock units when we were
plugged in to shore power, which is what inspired me to try the conversion.

I guess I'm not a purist.  I dislike the stock lights because they are dim
and hot and none of the switches work well.  The lenses/covers are all
misshapen from the heat and have yellowed.  It just made more sense to me
to replace the entire light if I am going to need to replace the
lenses/covers of a light fixture that I don't really care for.

I am actually thinking about replacing all of the original lights with
these fixtures.  I am toying with the idea of moving the 112 I just
installed to the bathroom and putting a Thin-Lite 116 (16" long instead of
12") in the living room and bedroom with additional 112's in the kitchen
and over the sink.

I don't see a down side to this, but I know some of you have changed out
your lights and I wonder if I can benefit from your experience.

Joel W.
Iowa City, Iowa
1966 Overlander
1987 GMC Vandura 2500