RE: [VACList] Re: Rear Mirror

Greetings Amanda!

If you don't want to limit yourself to a "hitch-up" mirror that requires
a tailgate on your tow vehicle there are other options.  I have used a
"Hitch-Helper" mirror since 1980 that I purchased at Camping World.
While Camping World no longer handles them, it is possible to obtain two
different versions from other vendors.  One version permanently mounts
to the "A" frame of the trailer hitch with a clamp (what I would choose
if I towed only one trailer), and the other is mounted on a strong
magnetic base that is simply placed on the "A" frame of the hitch when
needed.  You can find more information on the net at:

The Magnetic Mount "Hitch Spotter" that is very similar to the
twenty-year-old "Hitch-Helper" that I use can be seen at:

http://www.trailer-hitch.com/hspotter.jeo?refid=17

The Permanent Mount "One-Shot Trailer Hitch Viewing Mirror" would be my
choice if I didn't tow more than one trailer, and it can be seen at:

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=4016

After having used my "Hitch-Spotter" for more than twenty years, I
wouldn't be without one.  In fact, I find it very nearly impossible to
follow someone else's hand signals when hitching up at an event or at
the dealer's.  The $25.00 that I spent on the "Hitch-Helper"
twenty-three years ago has been worth every penny - - and then some.

Good luck with your Search!

Kevin D. Allen
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet
1975 Cadillac Convertible (towcar in-training)
WBCCI/VAC #6359