Re: [VACList] Re: Rear Mirror

Hey Amanda:

If you are interested in the mirror that goes on the tailgate and looks down
on the hitch etc, I don't think they have that at CW.  I recently got one
from Cabela's (cabelas.com).  I raved about it on the list when I got it but
am having second thoughts about it now.  You can see everything you need to
and it's a good piece of equipment worth the money (~$30).  The problem I am
having with it is that I can't seem to be able to grasp the concept that is
needed in order to get lined up with it.  What you see in the mirror is not
what you would think you would see.  The scene is as though you were
standing on top of the trailer looking down at the hitch.  For some reason I
am having a HOA time getting under the hitch with the ball.  Each time I try
it, I seem to get further off to the side.  It seems that I am turning the
wheel the wrong way or something.  I suppose I should just keep stabbing at
it until I figure out the trick is.  Eventually I get totally frustrated,
get out of the truck, see what is going on, and get hooked up like I did
before I got the mirror.  Much quicker and less frustrating too, at least so
far.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having the mirror, huh?

Maybe it's a matter of basic intelligence and I failed (again)

Later,

GQ '67 Safari