[VACList] connecting bathtub drain line

OK, I'm sure this is in the category of things that
are obvious to other people (and to me--after someone
explains it).

I'm putting my bathroom back into my 68.  The tub is
the last piece of "furniture" in the puzzle that is
the bathroom.

The drain fitting of the tub must be tightened from
both sides (top and bottom).  So, it looks like that
has to be done before dropping the tub into place.

Getting it out was easy.  I cut the line with a
hacksaw. A slip coupling in the same spot would be the
obvious way to put it back together, but there isn't
enough play in the lines to get one in place.

I thought about putting a coupling under the tub so I
could lower it onto the coupling.  But, that leaves
very little room for error .

Basically, I am stumped about how to connect the drain
line for the tub. So, if anyone can enlighten me, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon in SC
68 Overlander