[VACList] Re: Patti's interest in A/C options

Patti - I too am looking for options regarding my A/C system.
( I am currently working on my 1980 34' Avion - but I'd like to do the same
thing to an
older Airstream - when "it" finds me)

I'd like to "not" have a roof top unit - to retain the sleek overall lines -
to reduce my overall height -
take the load off the roof and ease maintenance access.

Here are two systems that I have my eye on.

I found the Dometic "Cool Cat" off-roof system in an article from RV America
magazine - I found it
on the internet - and I think it was from 1998...so at first I questioned
availability - but - I"ve also found it listed
currently at www.advrv.com - the system is designed for small trailers and
vans - it's a built-in unit that
offers a ducting kit.  It's not a window or portable unit.  I like the
availability of the ducting kit to assist with
air distribution.

You won't find the "Cool Cat" on the standard Dometic roof-top A/C website

Coleman-Mach offers an off-roof unit - that sounds like it's for larger
trailers.  It says it's for floor mounting
or under-floor mounting.  www.rvcomfort.com - and then go to their
"off-roof" line.

It is offered in several outputs - and the design features two compressors -
built into one main
system - which allows for moderate cooling with one compressor - and when
the demand goes up - the
second compressor kicks in for max cooling.  It appears that a ducting kit
is also available.

Best Wishes.  RL