Re: [VACList] Re: plumbing with PEX

Hi Jon,

'69 Safari, Joy at this end.  Glad to read that  you are happy with the PEX.
Like you suggested to Lexxy, I kept as much of the slope to the front and
rear drain valves as possible.  However, it seems near impossible to get all
the water out even with air pressure, though I tried.  Eventually went with
RV antifreeze with a bypassed water heater and an empty potable water tank.
Some antifreeze in the holding tanks to protect the dump valves.  Haven't
had time to drain the system this year as there was a death in the family
and .  .  .

The water heater bypass is a critical installation and I think it's a must.
I used quest couplings where I would be removing the accessory infrequently,
like the comode.  Some sink connections were just too difficult with the pex
rings and I also used the quest fittings in such circumstance.

You might guess that I haven't had time to keep up with all the posts, just
when I see a post by a past mentor do I jump in.

Lot of spare time is now trying to get Cowboy Action Shooting outfitted.
Got 4 - 45LC, a Winnie '94 in 45LC, a Ruger Old Army C&B.  Three of the
Ruger Vaqueros are convertible 45LC/45ACP.  Having a blast to say the least!
:)

Soon, I hope to marry the VAC and CAS activities!

                                                        Regards, '74 Argosy,
Joy