Re: [VACList] Replacement air conditioner needed.

Marvin

there are a LOT of Coleman and similar AC units.  Most important thing is its
weight (will probably be lighter than your Armstrong) and a good installation to
include a drainline hook up which will take the condensate to the
bottom/underside of the trailer and not allow any into the interior.  Otherwise,
as we have seen already, you can expect rot.  I personally would not suggest
getting one with a heating element as I have always found them inefficient.
Usually just puts luke warm humidity into the trailer.
Depend on devices designed for heating the interior.

whether you want an 11kbu or a 13.5kbtu depends on your trailer cuftage as well
as your degree of insulation, how much awning, 3M reflectant film on your glass,
yada.
And, where you plan to be using it during hot weather most of the time.

If your electrics can take it, and if I were going to spend a lot of time in the
summer/fall in the Southern tier, I would go for the larger unit with as high an
amount of efficiency as possible.

fwiw
chas